My planting service is for anyone who wants to change the plants in their garden: remove or move existing plants and the addition of new plants.
I can supply any new plants from local or specialist nurseries.
If you have a mature garden where the planting is either overgrown or not working for you then the Garden Refresh service will help you sort out the good, the bad and the ugly and where new plants could help fill gaps or improve areas of the garden.
Planting may involve some or all the following stages:
- Soil testing
- Setting out new planting area (bed or border)
- Lifting turf (if necessary)
- Removing plants no longer needed
- Relocation or temporary lifting any existing plants to be kept
- Soil improvement
- Plant sourcing
- It’s no good planting into poor soil, hence I will always suggest soil testing and depending on the results, on improving the soil condition, to give the plants the best chance of thriving.
- Equally I would recommend using a balance fertiliser when planting to ensure the plant has the necessary nutrients to help it settle in to its new environment and establish well so that it will grow healthily.
I can supply the following planting materials to be used with my planting service:
- Soil Improver (soil conditioner) – organic matter
- Fertilisers – organic or inorganic
- Mulch – organic or inorganic (bark, stone)
- Tree – stakes and ties
- Weed control fabric